A Possible Solution to a Policy Setting not Applying Correctly
To clear up any confusion as to what Policy is actually being applied to device(s), see Policy Overview.
If there is an issue setting a field and applying it with a Policy, or you are not seeing a setting listed in the My Setting tab, try the following:
- Go to the specific setting in the device Policy (Device/Group/Site/Device Group/Account).
- Change the setting to a different setting (example: if it is enabled, disable the setting).
- Select My Settings side tab.
- The new setting should be displayed. Select Apply.
- Verify the new update has the correct Inheritance listing. Note: This make take a few minutes, and you may need to refresh the page.
- Change the filed to the correct setting that was not applied correctly earlier. This can be done on the My Settings page.
- Select Apply.
- Verify the new update has the correct Inheritance listing.
- This may clear up the issue.
What Policy has a Higher Priority than Others
Note: On the My Settings page for a Policy, the Inheritance displays the Policy setting with the highest priority that has been applied.
|This is the highest Policy level. Any settings that are set on this Policy type to a Device, overwrite the same settings in all other Policies.
|Device User Group
|Settings that are set on this Policy type will overwrite the Policies listed below. Note: Device User Groups only apply to USB devices.
|Settings that are set on this Policy type will overwrite the Policies listed below.
Note: The configuration settings for the Site Policy display the default settings for the device, and may not reflect what is actually applied, if the values have been changed in the Account Policy.
|Settings that are set on this Policy type will overwrite the Policy listed below. Note: Device Groups only apply to IP-based Group Video (G7500/X services) and Voice devices.
|This is the lowest Policy level. Any settings that are set on this Policy type and will be modified by any of the Policies listed above.